The vision of the BASS/HES GTP is
- to ensure high quality training and assessment for GRTP trainees in order for them to achieve QTS and become confident and skilful teachers capable of teaching and supporting children and young people in the 21st Century
- to ensure that the programme is responsive to, and effective in meeting, the needs of trainees and schools and ensures that trainees of the highest calibre enter the profession
- to ensure that the programme is robust, yet flexible, in order to respond to changing political and financial contexts, and educational thinking
- to endeavour to be the programme of choice for Birmingham schools and judged as an outstanding programme by Ofsted
- to be a reflective programme where trainee outcomes and experiences lie at the heart of planning and development.