Birmingham Grid for Learning   |   Birmingham City Council   |   Link2ICT   |   WMnet   |   Text-only   |   About Us
BGfL Primary
BGfL Homepage
Homepage Search this site Tell us...
What is Osomosis and where can I buy it?
Dear Chris

I think you might be referring to Osmosis.
This is a term that has haunted me for a long time and I can remember trying to come to grips with it when I was at school as a young un of 17.

Osmosis is linked to something called a semi permeable membrane. Now permeable means 'letting through' so as it is a ?semi? I suppose this means that it will only let some things through. Now we all know that this is what a filter, or even a tea strainer does so osmosis is a filtering process which then leads to something called osmotic pressure ...which I know even less about. But as osmosis is linked to filtering and a tea strainer is a semi permeable membrane the answer to your question is the local hardware store.

Apologies to all normal readers of this area.
Powered by  Netmedia Education © 1999 - 2016 Birmingham City Council Disclaimer: External Links