Your Campaign Against Racism Representativess are: Momodou, Madonna, Mohammed and Ayan.
The group want to look at how racism affects young people in Birmingham.
We have many fantastic ideas for our campaign such as;
• Question Time event @ Council Chamber (Oct 2010)
• We are part of a Focus Group for Runnymeade Trust - Campaign 3.0 (July 2010)
• Talk to young people about their experiences of racism
• Try to get Birmingham to acknowledge the International Day for The Elimination of Racial Discrimination (Mar 21)
• Young People to have a say on relevant policies and strategies
• Deliver Anti Racism workshops/sessions to other young people
• The group also want to produce leaflet/booklets & support the VIP website to help young people who have or are suffering from Racism.
Mohammed “It is a serious issue which still exists but keeps getting swept under the carpet and we need to do something about it”.
Ayan “I have experienced racism many times and it makes me upset, so I want to learn more about it and help to change things”.
"WE ALL LOVE AND WE ALL HURT"