How the Citizenship Education curriculum contributes to Brighter Futures outcomes
• Promoting community cohesion and involvement.
• Developing social and moral responsibility, and political literacy.
• Equipping children and young people with the knowledge, understanding and skills to play an effective and positive role in public society.
• Expanding children and young people’s understanding of the principles that underpin a democratic society and how democratic processes have shaped public institutions and our corporate life.
• Assuring that children and young people are successful learners who enjoy learning, make progress and achieve.
• Ensuring children and young people are confident individuals who are able to lead safe and healthy lives and be able to respond to issues and challenges.
• Advancing children and young people’s understanding of their rights and responsibilities to enable them to become responsible citizens who make a positive and meaningful contribution to society.
• Ensuring that children and young people understand and accept differences and are able to relate and work with others in a diverse community.